Sunday, March 14, 2010

A new me?

So, at the end of December I started a diet, or as I would like to call it a lifestyle change. My Grandma gave me an article and it was about a woman who has MS but turned her symptoms around through diet. So I decided to try it. I mean what did I have to lose? Since that time I have lost around 20 pounds. Last week I joined one of the 24/7 gyms and I go to work out after I get off of work. This would be around 1:30AM. I love it. I love the fact that I am the only one there, that I have the entire place to myself. It is very relaxing and peaceful. I've had some people tell me that they would hate it. I LOVE it. So I think the fact that I'm enjoying myself at this place so much is a very good thing. I feel very confident that I will continue to go for a long time. It also helps that I see the place every single time I go to work so I won't forget about it. Oh and the "diet" I'm on is the Gold Coast Cure. It's a diet for people with inflammatory diseases.

In other news...

Things are starting to get a bit interesting at work. We are without a GM at the moment and we have two big corporate visits pretty much back to back. Hopefully there's some good news for at least one person. Basically I've been telling people at work that if I don't get moved up in the company I am going to go back and march. That is if they'll have me.

I want to march and I want to move up. But I can't have both which really sucks. But I am still going to go to NY for DCA. That will not change.

So once again...
~Personal life sucks
~Social life sucks a bit more
~Professional life...to be determined.

2 comments:

Maureen said...

It sounds like things are actually looking up a little in your personal life. You have lost some weight - that probably feels great. You are working out which also probably feels great because if nothing else you are encouraging the release of endorphins! I am glad that you have found going to the gym enjoyable. I would also love to have the gym to myself when I go, but I go with everyone else after work so it is often crowded. Boo! But going feels good - I am proud of myself for making it through each BOSU class.

I imagine things are probably better now that you will be marching!!

Nicole said...

I should've probably said my personal could be better.