I quit smoking 2 months ago. This was not a New Year's Resolution or anything like that. This was a for me thing. Since then I have read 7 books. That's what I do on my breaks now instead of smoking. I honestly don't know what I'm spending more money on right now. I'm whipping through these books like nothing. Here's my list so far....
1. The Host by Stephanie Meyer. 
This book started out a little slow for me but then picked up around chapter 5. It's basically like an invasion of the body snatchers story but it appeals to those that don't really get into science fiction. I do reccomend this book.
This is like a Harlequin vampire story. You find it in the Romance section. I don't know what drew me to it but it's done quite well. I didn't realize it until after I was done with it that this book was part of a series so I basically started the series in the middle of it. Still good though.
3. If Angels Burned by Lynn Viehl 
I believe that this is the first book of the series. A good book as well.
At this point I abandoned the Darkyn Novels for another series that was recommended to me by a couple of coworkers. They both said that if I liked the Twilight books then I would love these and I have to agree. These books are more for adults. They are the Anita Blake books and there's about 17 in the series I believe. One of my coworkers lent me the first 4 so I am reading them in order. I will probably buy them though so if anyone wants to borrow them.
4. Guilty Pleasures by Laurel K. Hamilton 
This is the first book of the series. At first I wasn't completely sure about it but that was only at first. Anita Blake is what's called an Animator. She's someone that raises the dead for money. But she's also a vampire executioner. In these book vampires are legal citizens and if you kill one you could go to jail without a letter of execution. Interesting stuff.
This one introduces a voodoo queen of sorts. She's kinda scary.
This one brings in the werewolves.
This book focuses more on shapeshifters. Werewolves, wererats, werecougars. There may be more. I just finished this book today. This book also has the werewolf and vampire in love with the same human woman. Sound familiar? The difference here is that the vampire is basically bad and the werewolf stays primarily in human form and the female can definitely take care of herself.
Because I had ordered the next 4 books from Amazon and thought that I wasn't getting them until Monday I started another book, Private Demon, another Darkyn novel.
I got my books today, 3 days before I was supposed to.
So, there is my new obsession. I love the vampire novels for some reason or another.







No comments:
Post a Comment